Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS

From: Tom Good <tomg(at)nrnet(dot)org>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Tong <zztong(at)laxmi(dot)ev(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, "Matthew N(dot) Dodd" <winter(at)jurai(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS
Date: 1998-06-04 19:00:38
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> I've put this back into pgsq-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, mainly because I
> think ppl are taking me *far* too seriously over this...
>
> On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Bruce Tong wrote:
>
> > If PostgreSQL is not planning to work with Linux, by all means please let
> > me know so I can switch back to MySQL without wasting any more time. I

> PostgreSQL does, and *always* will work with Linux...Thomas
> Lockhart is one of the core developers on this project, and is totally
> committed to Linux (we've even offered to pay for the therapy treatments,
> but he wouldn't budge *rofl*)

Ah, but Marc, there's a problem here. Most *serious* linuxers scoff at
RedHat types like Tom Lockhart. While he is truly a nice guy (bailed
me out a few times) he is not allowed into penguin heaven...that is
reserved for slackers like me-self... ;-)

Don't let anyone tell you that a non-Slackware user is a real Linux user.
(Not even Michael M - he uses `Little Debbie', a clear case of heresy.)

TFIC,
Tom

User Guide Dog Database Project
Project Coordinator: Peter J. Puckall <ppuckall(at)cableregina(dot)com>
Programmers:
C/Perl: Paul Anderson <paul(at)geeky1(dot)ebtech(dot)net>
SQL/Perl: Tom Good <tomg(at)q8(dot)nrnet(dot)org>
HTML: Chris House <csh(at)geocities(dot)com>
SQL/Perl: Phil R. Lawrence <prl2(at)lehigh(dot)edu>
Perl: Mike List <troll(at)net-link(dot)net>
Progress 4GL: Robert March <rmarch(at)hawk(dot)igs(dot)net>