Re: [QUESTIONS] Accessing Postgresfrom JBuilder using JDBC

From: Patrick Scott Pierce <pspierce(at)slacker(dot)design(dot)mindspring(dot)net>
To: Pierre Habraken <Pierre(dot)Habraken(at)ujf-grenoble(dot)fr>
Cc: Aaron Dunlop <dunlopa(at)adscomputers(dot)com>, pgsql-questions(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [QUESTIONS] Accessing Postgresfrom JBuilder using JDBC
Date: 1998-03-20 19:24:08
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

You did use it '-i' switch in starting postmaster, right? (sorry if you
have already gone through that one).

Also, I don't use the user and password fields but instead supply it in
the URL, like so:
jdbc:postgresql://some.domain.somewhere.com/database?user=postgres&password=something&auth=password

skip Username and Password and put 'postgresql.Driver' in Driver Class.

It does work and Aaron has made some head way with the updates. We now
just can't update 'DATE' types.

Patrick Scott Pierce
pspierce(at)mindspring(dot)com
CGI Programming