Re: location of the configuration files

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Martin Coxall <coxall(at)cream(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: location of the configuration files
Date: 2003-02-14 15:07:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 14 Feb 2003, Martin Coxall wrote:

> > > But since DJB is a class-A monomaniac, he may not be the best person to
> > > listen to. /var/qmail/control for qmail configuration files? Yeah, good
> > > one, DJB.
> >
> > I'm guessing that rather than reading it the above mentioned link you
> > chose to waste our time with this instead. Good one, MC.
>
> Yeah, I've read it several times, and have often linked to it as an
> example of why one should be wary of DJB's software. It seems to me that
> since DJB doesn't follow his own advice regarding the filesystem
> hierarchy (see both qmail and djbdns), it'd be odd for him to expect
> anyone else to. *Especially* seing as he's a bit mental. ("I'm not going
> to take this any more. I demand cross-platform compatibility!")

I seriously doubt your ability to judge anyone's mental stability.
I can also see that you prefer cross-platform INcompatibility. Your
position and mindset are now crystal clear.

Vince.
--
Fast, inexpensive internet service 56k and beyond! http://www.pop4.net/
http://www.meanstreamradio.com http://www.unknown-artists.com