Re: Re: pg_dump docs

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>, Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: pg_dump docs
Date: 2000-10-19 15:13:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > > I don't see a reference from the developer's corner web page, which
> > > seems to point back to the released version instead.
> > That's strange... I see it :) ...now
>
> Great! But I don't, maybe due to caching somewhere? Should I be seeing
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/
> -> Current documentation
>
> pointing at
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/index.html
>
> (afaik this index.html does not yet exist, but could point to the
> various flavors of pages and tarballs) rather than
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/index.html
>
> which is what I see now?

I thought /docs/index.html was to be for the current docs. Since they're
not, what ARE they pointing to?? Anyway, I've now got it pointing to
devel-contrib/docs/index.html and created an index. If you ever need to
update the index, look at the script makeindex in that directory.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com