Re: The future of pgAdmin II...

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Henshall, Stuart - WCP'" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The future of pgAdmin II...
Date: 2002-03-27 11:19:46
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Windows 95 isn't supported by .NET, and even XP doesn't include the
framework. However, currently a pre-requisite is MDAC, which wouldn't be
required, neither would the >1Mb msvbvm60.dll.

However, I do take your point.

> Also I'm not sure but I thought the
> mono project had very few class libraries completed. If your
> wanting it working under linux in the near future wine may be
> the way to go (I don't know about other *nix though). Still
> in the future it may be the way to go (after the mono project
> shapes up etc...) .

Yeah, this is a problem with Mono, however I am talking *way* (== years) in
the future for pgAdmin III, by which time this shouldn't be a concern.

Regards, Dave.