Re: Wordpress & PostgreSQL ...

From: Ashley Moran <work(at)ashleymoran(dot)me(dot)uk>
To: Dawid Kuroczko <qnex42(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wordpress & PostgreSQL ...
Date: 2006-10-29 23:05:20
Lists: pgsql-general

On Oct 29, 2006, at 10:00 pm, Dawid Kuroczko wrote:
> Ruby on Rails perhaps? I have not written a single line in Ruby, but
> I've read on the list here that it has very good PostgreSQL
> interface...

Dawid,

The Rails postgres adapter works great. In fact, by and large you
don't need to care about which DBMS you are running on because
ActiveRecord is a good abstraction layer (the code for each database
adapter is not that huge). Rails users seem to have less of a MySQL
bias than PHP users. Arguably that's because Ruby and Rails share
more of the design philosophy of Postgres, whereas PHP's design
rigour seems to be inspired by MySQL.

If you are interested in Rails-based blogging engines, check out
Mephisto ( http://www.mephistoblog.com/ ), which seems to be the best.

Ashley