Re: Wordpress & PostgreSQL ...

From: "Dawid Kuroczko" <qnex42(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wordpress & PostgreSQL ...
Date: 2006-10-29 22:00:52
Lists: pgsql-general

On 10/26/06, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net> wrote:
> the wordpress guys have basically said they do not want to support postgres,
> which is mainly why we swapped to s9y on planetpg. you can read some more
> info here:
> http://people.planetpostgresql.org/xzilla/index.php?/archives/13-One-Good-Port.html

Suppose one would like to create a WordPress workalike, i.e. a blogging
engine sharing look&feel of WordPress but written from scratch. What
language/framework do you think would be the best?

I mean -- one could code that in PHP and simply use PostgreSQL, but
PHP is probably the most popular language, but I don't think it's the best.

Ruby on Rails perhaps? I have not written a single line in Ruby, but
I've read on the list here that it has very good PostgreSQL interface...

Python? Perl? Something different?

The reason I'm asking this question is that I would like to hear personal
experiences with alternative to PHP environments, how do they "feel",
how do they scale, in order to boost my knowledge a bit.

Regards,
Dawid