Re: connecting a 64bit ODBC driver for Postgre 8.4 with Access 2010

From: "Della-Croce, Gregory" <Greg_Della-Croce(at)wycliffe(dot)org>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: connecting a 64bit ODBC driver for Postgre 8.4 with Access 2010
Date: 2012-06-10 02:16:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Thanks for being someone who answered. I am saying that I do not see the ODBC drivers for PostgreSQL at all. I only see the standard set (dBase, Access, ... ). Ya it is confusing, ODBCAD32 is the name for both the 64 and 32 bit drivers. I all depends on which Windows lib you are looking in at the time. I did use the file you mentioned (psqlodbc_09_01_0100-x64.zip) and that is what I installed using ODBCAD32.exe/run as Administrator. If you do not run it as Administrator you end up only seeing the 32bit drivers.

So the problem is getting the Postgres drivers to show in the Access External Data ODBC driver list to pick it and proceed on to the next blockade.

Greg Della-Croce