Re: connecting a 64bit ODBC driver for Postgre 8.4 with Access 2010

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Della-Croce, Gregory" <Greg_Della-Croce(at)wycliffe(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: connecting a 64bit ODBC driver for Postgre 8.4 with Access 2010
Date: 2012-06-10 17:51:21
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 06/09/2012 07:16 PM, Della-Croce, Gregory wrote:
> Thanks for being someone who answered. I am saying that I do not see the ODBC drivers for PostgreSQL at all. I only see the standard set (dBase, Access, ... ).
Ya it is confusing, ODBCAD32 is the name for both the 64 and 32 bit
drivers. I all depends on which Windows lib you are looking in at the
time.
I did use the file you mentioned (psqlodbc_09_01_0100-x64.zip) and that
is what I installed using ODBCAD32.exe/run as Administrator.
If you do not run it as Administrator you end up only seeing the 32bit
drivers.

Have you looked at this KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942976

Though I would have to say the above confuses as much as it enlightens.

At this point it would seem easiest to start from the beginning. I for
one am totally confused on where we are at:)

1) From Control Panel uninstall psqlodbc

2) Reinstall the 64 bit version using the msi in psqlodbc_09_01_0100-x64.zip

3) As the user that will be using Access open the the ODBC manager(the
64 bit one) in Control Panel to set up the user DSN.

4) Open Access and select the DSN.

Should you decide not to try all of the above try starting at 3.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com