Re: connecting a 64bit ODBC driver for Postgre 8.4 with Access 2010

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Della-Croce, Gregory" <Greg_Della-Croce(at)wycliffe(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: connecting a 64bit ODBC driver for Postgre 8.4 with Access 2010
Date: 2012-06-09 20:53:04
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 06/09/2012 01:10 PM, Della-Croce, Gregory wrote:
> ·Ok I feel like a bit of a rubber ball. Microsoft saw this question and
> said “Great question go ask customer support at PostgreSQL. All I want
> is a simple answer to what I thought was a simple answer.
>
> - I have a remote PostgreSQL 8.4 database backing up my clients application.
>
> - I have created (having to go in as ADMINISTRATOR) ODBCAD32 for 64bit
> both User and System drivers on my computer.

Well ODBCAD32 is for 32 bit drivers which where the ones you installed.

> - I went to Access 2010 on my computer, opened a database, went to
> External Data ODBC Database. I expected to see my drivers listed there.
> They were not. Only the standard 32bit drivers where listed.

So use those. Or are you saying you do not see the Postgres drivers at all?

> *MY QUESTION: How do I get to the drivers to get to the database to get
> to the data to write the application reports that the client needs? *

Not sure how to answer this. When we left this question last, you had
successfully installed the 32 bit drivers.

If you want the 64 bit drivers than go here:
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/

and get

psqlodbc_09_01_0100-x64.zip

--