RE: DROP CONSTRAINT patch

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: DROP CONSTRAINT patch
Date: 2001-05-24 04:40:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> You can send me a totally new patch if you wish. That way, you can
> throw the whole patch to the patches list for comment and improvement.

I'll do that.

> Please keep going and resolve these inheritance issues.

It's not that there's inheritance issues in my patch. I am actually certain
that it will work fine with the ONLY keyword. However, I will make some
changes and submit it to pgsql-patches.

The problem is that although my patch can quite happily remove all
constraints of the same name from all the child tables, the problem is - can
we be sure that all the constraints with that name are actually inherited
from the parent constraint. Answer - no. At least, not until the add
constraint stuff is all fixed. So maybe I will just hash out inheritance
support for the time being.

Chris