Re: Volunteer wanted for PostgreSQL Techdocs

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Rod Taylor" <pg(at)rbt(dot)ca>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Volunteer wanted for PostgreSQL Techdocs
Date: 2005-06-21 07:30:26
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi Rod,

The idea is to have Bricolage write it's output into a directory
hierarchy from where a script will check files into the main web cvs
periodically, adding and removing news and old files as required. This
script has yet to be written but I don't envisage it being a major
hurdle.

The output needs to be in a very simple format for the template engine
on the main site to handle - a good example is the weekly news om the
main site:
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgweb/cvs/cvs.php/portal/template/en
/community/weeklynews. As you can see from the source, it's basic xhtml,
with a title block at the top.

We haven't decided on navigation yet, though Gevik Babakhani has been
working on an MSDN-like interface. I previously suggested that Bricolage
might be able to write a simple index file as a bunch of href's in a
hierarchy of unordered lists that the navigation structure could mirror,
eg.

<ul>
<ul>
</ul>
<ul>
<ul>
</ul>
</ul>
</ul>

Of course, having never used Bricolage I'm not sure if that is possible.
I assume though, if the worst comes to the worst, then it can just
create navigation pages in our standard tmeplate format?

Regards, Dave.