Re: Bytea PL/Perl transform

From: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari(at)ilmari(dot)org>, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ivan Panchenko <wao(at)mail(dot)ru>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Greg Sabino Mullane <htamfids(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Bytea PL/Perl transform
Date: 2024-02-27 20:03:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 8:46 PM Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I marked this patch as ready for committer.

The last version of the patch still provides transform for builtin
type in a separate extension. As discussed upthread such transforms
don't need separate extensions, and could be provided as part of
upgrades of existing extensions. There is probably no consensus yet
on what to do with existing extensions like jsonb_plperl and
jsonb_plpython, but we clearly shouldn't spread such cases.

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov