Re: Is a modern build system acceptable for older platforms

From: Yuriy Zhuravlev <stalkerg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, bruce(at)momjian(dot)us, Catalin Iacob <iacobcatalin(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Hartmut Holzgraefe <hartmut(dot)holzgraefe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Is a modern build system acceptable for older platforms
Date: 2018-05-28 02:37:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Can't see getting rid of those entirely. None of the github style
> platforms copes with reasonable complex discussions.

I disagree. A good example of complex discussions on github is Rust
language tracker for RFCs:
https://github.com/rust-lang/rfcs/issues
and one concrete example: https://github.com/rust-lang/rfcs/issues/2327
I have no any problem with complex discussions on github.
Anyway, it's much better than tons of emails in your mailbox without tags
and status of discussion.