Re: Re: PATCH: pageinspect / add page_checksum and bt_page_items(bytea)

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: PATCH: pageinspect / add page_checksum and bt_page_items(bytea)
Date: 2017-04-04 13:11:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 4 April 2017 at 09:05, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net> wrote:
> Hi Tomas,
>
> On 4/1/17 5:40 AM, Ashutosh Sharma wrote:
>>
>> Apart from above comments, your patch looks good to me. I have also
>> marked this patch as 'Waiting for Author' in the commitfest. Thanks.
>
> The CF has been extended until April 7 but time is still growing short
> and this thread has been idle for three days. Please respond with a new
> patch by 2017-04-05 00:00 AoE (UTC-12) or this submission will be marked
> "Returned with Feedback".

We know time is growing short. Is it necessary to say that on every
single thread? What benefit do we get from that?

We voted to extend the time until the deadline. In some cases we may
well take it all the way to the deadline, so fighting you or others
trying to reject things *before* the deadline *because* of the
deadline seems weird.

How about we just leave everything until the deadline, then apply the
sword swiftly to anything that remains?

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/