Re: PostgreSQL 10: Call for Quotes

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy Group <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 10: Call for Quotes
Date: 2017-08-31 15:32:53
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 26 July 2017 at 20:16, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> The PostgreSQL 10 release is rapidly approaching and we are starting the
> process of putting together all the necessary materials to ensure we can
> make this the most successful Postgres release to date!
> * A new major feature in PostgreSQL 10, such as but not limited to:
> * Logical Replication
> * Native Table Partitioning
> * Improved Query Parallelism
> * Quorum Commit for Synchronous Replication

Can we agree that is the list of Major Features for PG10? (It sure
looks like it)

We still have nothing here...
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/release-10.html
it just says

Major enhancements in PostgreSQL 10 include:
(to be written)

Given this info also earlier noted this post
https://www.infoq.com/news/2017/04/postgresql-10-features

I propose the feature list as this

* Logical Replication
* Native Table Partitioning
* Improved Query Parallelism
* Quorum Commit for Synchronous Replication
* SCRAM-SHA-256 strong authentication

Any objection to me updating the docs to say that now, subject to
further discussion?

It's better to have something in place soon, even if it is updated later.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/