Re: Add important info about ANALYZE after create Functional Index

From: Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add important info about ANALYZE after create Functional Index
Date: 2020-10-27 07:12:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 3:08 PM Fabrízio de Royes Mello <
fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Would be nice if add some information about it into our docs but not sure
> where. I'm thinking about:
> - doc/src/sgml/ref/create_index.sgml
> - doc/src/sgml/maintenance.sgml (routine-reindex)

Attaching the patches for the docs, one for 11 and older, and another for
12+ (which have REINDEX CONCURRENTLY not suffering from lack of ANALYZE).

I still think that automating is the right thing to do but of course, it's
a much bigger topic that a quick fix dor the docs.

Attachment Content-Type Size
func-index-analyze.pre12.patch application/x-patch 2.8 KB
func-index-analyze.master.patch application/x-patch 1.0 KB