Re: Compilation of timezone source with zic fails (on mountpoint)

From: Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compilation of timezone source with zic fails (on mountpoint)
Date: 2016-11-03 07:18:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 6:59 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:
> > Yes, zic has always attempted to create hard links and it never failed on
> > our build farm and we haven't changed anything.
>
> > The patch given doesn't help. I guess the problem is that in dolink(),
> the
> > fromfield value is a directory (path to postgresql/timezone) and hence
> the
> > make install fails at following check:
>
> Well, that should have failed for anyone. Maybe you mean that it's
> trying to symlink from a symlink?
>
> No, I mean the itsdir(fromname); is returning the non zero value and I
thought it is because it thinks the fromname is a directory and not a file.
Anyway, I observed that there is change in the itsdir() function that it
now returns '2' for the symbolic links. Hence the error. Till previous
release, it used to return '0' for symbolic links. If hard links cannot be
used and it fallsback to symbolic links, then itsdir() should return '0'
for symbolic links. Isn't it?

--
Sandeep Thakkar