Re: Compilation of timezone source with zic fails (on mountpoint)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compilation of timezone source with zic fails (on mountpoint)
Date: 2016-11-04 02:31:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:
> Anyway, I observed that there is change in the itsdir() function that it
> now returns '2' for the symbolic links. Hence the error. Till previous
> release, it used to return '0' for symbolic links. If hard links cannot be
> used and it fallsback to symbolic links, then itsdir() should return '0'
> for symbolic links. Isn't it?

After some back-and-forth with the IANA crew, I've pushed a patch that
I believe will fix this, but if you could try it in your environment that
would make me feel better. Please check not only that the symlinks get
made, but that they point somewhere sane, because that aspect of it
seems to have been broken too :-(.

I pushed the fix to HEAD only for the moment, but if you prefer testing on
a back branch, the patch should apply fine there.

BTW, it would be a really good idea if you guys were running a buildfarm
member that represented this build environment accurately, because it's
clear that no one else, anywhere, is testing either PG or the upstream
tzcode releases in such an environment.