Re: Should TIDs be typbyval = FLOAT8PASSBYVAL to speed up CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY?

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Should TIDs be typbyval = FLOAT8PASSBYVAL to speed up CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY?
Date: 2015-11-17 23:50:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 12:53 AM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> Short and sweet! Looks good.

Thanks.

> I would be inclined to add more comments to explain it, these things have a
> habit of being forgotten.

I'm not sure what additional detail I can add.

I seem to be able to produce these sorting patches at a much greater
rate than they can be committed, in part because Robert is the only
one that ever reviews them, and he is only one person. Since you think
the patch is good work, perhaps you can find the time to formally
review it.

--
Peter Geoghegan