Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands

From: Zhihong Yu <zyu(at)yugabyte(dot)com>
To: Dmitry Koval <d(dot)koval(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands
Date: 2022-07-13 19:03:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 11:28 AM Dmitry Koval <d(dot)koval(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Patch stop applying due to changes in upstream.
> Here is a rebased version.
>
> --
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Koval
>
> Postgres Professional: http://postgrespro.com

Hi,

+attachPartTable(List **wqueue, Relation rel, Relation partition,
PartitionBoundSpec *bound)

I checked naming of existing methods, such as AttachPartitionEnsureIndexes.
I think it would be better if the above method is
named attachPartitionTable.

+ if (!defaultPartCtx && OidIsValid(defaultPartOid))
+ {
+ pc = createSplitPartitionContext(table_open(defaultPartOid,
AccessExclusiveLock));

Since the value of pc would be passed to defaultPartCtx, there is no need
to assign to pc above. You can assign directly to defaultPartCtx.

+ /* Drop splitted partition. */

splitted -> split

+ /* Rename new partition if it is need. */

need -> needed.

Cheers