Re: Postgres TR for missing chunk

From: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: M Tarkeshwar Rao <m(dot)tarkeshwar(dot)rao(at)ericsson(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres TR for missing chunk
Date: 2014-12-16 16:39:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

El dic 16, 2014 1:02 AM, "M Tarkeshwar Rao" <m(dot)tarkeshwar(dot)rao(at)ericsson(dot)com>
escribió:

> Hello Friends,
>

> Can you please tell me the how can I track the which bugs are fixed in
which release and when they will be fixed,

> If I want to track the analysis and status of the bug raised on Postgres.
Can I get this information.

You can look for bug reports in pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org

> From last few days we are struggling with following issue:
>
> 1. Additionally we found that few operations on this table is
getting failed like select or truncate and a more specific error is thrown
as per below:-

> ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value 54787 in pg_toast_2619

You know, that toast table name ringed a bell.

Look at this thread maybe this is your problem, and if it is then is
already fixed and you should update.

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/12138.1336019219@sss.pgh.pa.us

Btw, when giving a bug report you should start but saying your PostgreSQL's
version and explain what you did based on Google's "wisdom"

--
Jaime Casanova
2ndQuadrant Consultant