Re: Postgres TR for missing chunk

From: M Tarkeshwar Rao <m(dot)tarkeshwar(dot)rao(at)ericsson(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres TR for missing chunk
Date: 2014-12-16 06:02:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Friends,

Can you please tell me the how can I track the which bugs are fixed in which release and when they will be fixed,
If I want to track the analysis and status of the bug raised on Postgres. Can I get this information.

From last few days we are struggling with following issue:

1. Additionally we found that few operations on this table is getting failed like select or truncate and a more specific error is thrown as per below:-

ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value 54787 in pg_toast_2619

********** Error **********

We done all the suggested things on Google but not able to resolve it. I want to know how to avoid this issue?

Can you please suggest upto when following bugs will be resolved?

There are the known Bug on Postgres. Bugs detail are mentioned below.

BUG #9187: corrupt toast tables

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/30154.1392153590@sss.pgh.pa.us
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFj8pRAufPtTn5+ohFqPbcd1JzkErsCK51UAkHCWd8nt4osXjA@mail.gmail.com
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20140211162408.2713.81446@wrigleys.postgresql.org

BUG #7819: missing chunk number 0 for toast value 1235919 in pg_toast_35328

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/C62EC84B2D3CF847899CCF4B589CCF70B20AA08F@BBMBX.backbone.local

Thanks !!
Tarkeshwar