Re: Context diffs

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Context diffs
Date: 2021-01-04 21:06:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 11:07 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> * "git apply" and "git am" can't process context diffs (they throw an
> error once a context-like section of the diff is hit; simple
> adding/removing lines in a block works)

I think that this is the big issue for me. I really find it convenient
to use "git format-patch" to produce patches for complicated long
lived projects -- having commit messages and explicit ordering of
multiple patches is really helpful. I've come to prefer unified,
perhaps as a result of using "git format-patch" so much.

--
Peter Geoghegan