Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson

From: Josef Šimánek <josef(dot)simanek(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Date: 2021-10-12 23:19:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

út 12. 10. 2021 v 19:17 odesílatel Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> napsal:

> Hi,
>
> On 2021-10-12 17:21:50 +0200, Josef Šimánek wrote:
> > > # build (uses automatically as many cores as available)
> > > ninja
> >
> > I'm getting errors at this step. You can find my output at
> > https://pastebin.com/Ar5VqfFG. Setup went well without errors. Is that
> > expected for now?
>
> Thanks, that's helpful. And no, that's not expected (*), it should be fixed.
>
> What OS / distribution / version is this?

Fedora 34 (64 bit)

> Can you build postgres "normally" with --with-gss? Seems like we're ending up
> with a version of gssapi that we're not compatible with.

Yes, I can.

> You should be able to get past this by disabling gss using meson configure
> -Dgssapi=disabled.

I tried to clean and start from scratch, but I'm getting different
error probably related to wrongly configured JIT (LLVM wasn't found
during meson setup). I'll debug on my side to provide more info.

Whole build error could be found at https://pastebin.com/hCFqcPvZ.
Setup log could be found at https://pastebin.com/wjbE1w56.