Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Josef Šimánek <josef(dot)simanek(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Date: 2021-10-12 17:17:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2021-10-12 17:21:50 +0200, Josef Šimánek wrote:
> > # build (uses automatically as many cores as available)
> > ninja
>
> I'm getting errors at this step. You can find my output at
> https://pastebin.com/Ar5VqfFG. Setup went well without errors. Is that
> expected for now?

Thanks, that's helpful. And no, that's not expected (*), it should be fixed.

What OS / distribution / version is this?

Can you build postgres "normally" with --with-gss? Seems like we're ending up
with a version of gssapi that we're not compatible with.

You should be able to get past this by disabling gss using meson configure
-Dgssapi=disabled.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

* except kinda, in the sense that I'd expect it to be buggy, given that I've
run it only on a few machines and it's very, uh, bleeding edge