Re: Partitioned tables and relfilenode

From: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Partitioned tables and relfilenode
Date: 2017-03-06 08:01:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> On 2017/03/06 16:49, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
>>>
>>> I updated the comment. I recall having posted a patch for that once, but
>>> perhaps went unnoticed.
>>
>> The existing comment only specifies "temp tables" and not "temp table
>> of other backends". The new comment keeps that part same and adds
>> partitioned table case. So, I don't see any reason to change the "temp
>> tables" to "temp table of other backends" in this patch.
>
> Hmm. A separate patch might be fine but why not fix the incorrect part
> while we are updating the whole comment anyway.

There must be a reason why that comment is written the way it's
written. I guess, "from other backends" part of "temp tables" story
has been explained just few lines above and the author/s didn't want
to repeat it again. There's no point in changing it while we are not
touching temp tables handling.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat