Re: lo_import

From: Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Maurício Cruz <cruz(at)sygecom(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: lo_import
Date: 2012-01-04 00:01:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

Em 3 de janeiro de 2012 17:05, Maurício Cruz <cruz(at)sygecom(dot)com(dot)br> escreveu:

> Hi all,

Hi Mauricio,

> I'm trying to use lo_import to import a file into my database, if I
> execute from postgres runing in my local machine
> it works perfectly, but if I do it in the postgres runing in the server,
> it says "No such file or directory"

It's the default behavior.

I Guess postgres only see file on the machine it is runing and not through
> the network...
> I will have to upload the file into the server and then use import ? is
> there any other way ?

The lo_import/lo_export functions read/write files in the same file system
where postgres server is running [1]...

If you need send some file from your client to your database server you
must verify the implementation of libpq API in your programming language to
use another functions (lo_creat, lo_open, lo_write, lo_read) to create LOs
from your client side of connection into your server [2].

Another way is using "psql" client program [3] to import/export large
objects.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/lo-funcs.html
[2] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/lo-examplesect.html
[3] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/app-psql.html