Drop Schema from Postgres

From: Tripura <k_tripura(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Drop Schema from Postgres
Date: 2012-01-03 21:52:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
I am trying to execute a few postgres commands from a bash file

I am trying to drop a schema by writing the following line

DROP SCHEMA "xxx" IF EXISTS

I have two issues here -
1> I am not sure how to specify the db from which the schema should be
deleted
2> I am getting the following error message -- "DROP: command not found"

Can anyone help me with this issue

Thanku in advance