Re: Add minimal C example and SQL registration example for custom table access methods.

From: Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Roberto Mello <roberto(dot)mello(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add minimal C example and SQL registration example for custom table access methods.
Date: 2024-01-26 20:02:59
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 8:29 PM Roberto Mello <roberto(dot)mello(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Suggestion:
>
> In the C example you added you mention in the comment:
>
> + /* Methods from TableAmRoutine omitted from example, but all
> + non-optional ones must be provided here. */
>
> Perhaps you could provide a "see <xyz>" to point the reader finding your
example where he could find these non-optional methods he must provide?

> Nitpicking a little: your patch appears to change more lines than it
does, because it added line breaks earlier in the lines. I would generally
avoid that unless there's good reason to do so.

Hey folks,

There is a previous patch [1] around the same topic. What about joining
efforts on pointing these documentation changes to the proposed test module?

Fabrízio de Royes Mello