Re: SQL/JSON in PostgreSQL

From: Oleg Bartunov <obartunov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Nikita Glukhov <n(dot)gluhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: SQL/JSON in PostgreSQL
Date: 2017-09-15 19:36:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 7:31 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:
>> Can we expect a rebased version of this patch for this commitfest? Since it’s
>> a rather large feature it would be good to get it in as early as we can in the
>> process.
>
> Again, given that this needs a "major" rebase and hasn't been updated
> in a month, and given that the CF is already half over, this should
> just be bumped to the next CF. We're supposed to be trying to review
> things that were ready to go by the start of the CF, not the end.

We are supporting v10 branch in our github repository
https://github.com/postgrespro/sqljson/tree/sqljson_v10

Since the first post we made a lot of changes, mostly because of
better understanding the standard and availability of technical report
(http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c067367_ISO_IEC_TR_19075-6_2017.zip).
Most important are:

1.We abandoned FORMAT support, which could confuse our users, since we
have data types json[b].

2. We use XMLTABLE infrastructure, extended for JSON_TABLE support.

3. Reorganize commits, so we could split one big patch by several
smaller patches, which could be reviewed independently.

4. The biggest problem is documentation, we are working on it.

Nikita will submit patches soon.