Re: CoC [Final]

From: Geoff Winkless <pgsqladmin(at)geoff(dot)dj>
To: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Geoff Winkless <pgsqladmin(at)geoff(dot)dj>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Psql_General (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: CoC [Final]
Date: 2016-01-21 10:43:26
Lists: pgsql-general

On 21 January 2016 at 10:37, Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> At the end of the day this will require human judgment rather than
> formulation.

Then make it explicit.

* Disruption of the collaborative space, or patterns of behaviour
which the majority of the core team consider to be harassment, will
not be tolerated.

(I've depersonalised the sentence also, to make it clear that it's the
action and not the actor that is not tolerated)

> Human judgment may be flawed but in a culturally diverse group it is far
> better than the alternative.

It's better to let the baying crowd decide your fate rather than
codifying acceptable behaviour?

The Dark Ages called, they want their Justice model back :)

Geoff