Re: CoC [Final]

From: Steve Litt <slitt(at)troubleshooters(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CoC [Final]
Date: 2016-01-21 20:40:25
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 10:43:26 +0000
Geoff Winkless <pgsqladmin(at)geoff(dot)dj> wrote:

> On 21 January 2016 at 10:37, Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
> > At the end of the day this will require human judgment rather than
> > formulation.
>
> Then make it explicit.
>
> * Disruption of the collaborative space, or patterns of behaviour
> which the majority of the core team consider to be harassment, will
> not be tolerated.

"Disruption of the collaborative space" is almost meaningless, and
almost guarantees selective enforcement.

On the other hand, "patterns of behaviour which the majority of the
core team consider to be harassment" is crystal clear. What would
happen if you just dropped "Disruption of the collaborative space"? If
not, I'd suggest a much more definitive substitute for that phrase.

SteveT

Steve Litt
January 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28