table_privileges view under information_schema doesn't show privileges on materialized views

From: Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: table_privileges view under information_schema doesn't show privileges on materialized views
Date: 2018-08-24 12:27:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All,

Currently, table_privileges view in information_schema.sql doesn't
show privileges on materialized views for currently enabled roles. As
per the documentation-[1], it should be showing the all privileges
granted on tables and views (the documentation doesn't says it has to
be normal view). Shouldn't we allow it to show privileges on
materialized views as well.

Attached is the patch with necessary changes in table_privileges view
to show the privileges on materialized views. Please let me know your
thoughts on this. Thank you.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/infoschema-table-privileges.html

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Allow-table_privileges-view-in-information_schema.sq.patch text/x-patch 1.2 KB