Re: Code of Conduct plan

From: Benjamin Scherrey <scherrey(at)proteus-tech(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date: 2018-06-03 19:19:38
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Is there some archive of the discussion that brought on this effort and the
considerations of the committee itself? I wish I had seen the earlier
announcements in 2016 as I would have definitely participated.

Another more specific factual question - have there been incidents within
the active Postgresql community where behaviour by individuals who are
participants in the community have conducted themselves in a manner that
brought on the actual need for such a code of conduct to exist in the first
place? I'm curious about the specific impetus that brought about
Postgresql's efforts to consider one. I've read the other comments in the
general list but I'm more interested in the specifics motivations and
efforts by the CoC committee.

thanks,

-- Ben Scherrey