Re: Add CONTRIBUTING.md

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, magnus(at)hagander(dot)net, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add CONTRIBUTING.md
Date: 2018-06-03 19:17:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2018-Jun-03, Andres Freund wrote:

> I'd even start out with something more minimal, in the interest of
> incremental forward progress. I think we'd basically need a reference
> to:
>
> a) the original source code lives on git.pg.o - sites like github are
> just mirrors.
> b) commitfest app (and then later docs about it), so people know where
> to go to open the equivalent of a pull request
> c) link to developer section in the docs, for style etc

Looks good to me. Also mention mailing lists?

Maybe we should give it a prominent place in our website under
https://www.postgresql.org/developer/ -- maybe replace the entire "What
will you find here?" section with the html-rendered version of that.

I suppose our gitweb will not display the CONTRIBUTING.md file in any
useful way, would it?