Re: Questions about support function and abbreviate

From: Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski <me(at)komzpa(dot)net>
To: Han Wang <hanwgeek(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Questions about support function and abbreviate
Date: 2021-06-12 06:55:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

the abbrev_converter is applied whenever it is defined. The values are
sorted using the abbreviated comparator first using the shortened version,
and if there is a tie the system asks the real full comparator to resolve
it.

This article seems to be rather comprehensive:
https://brandur.org/sortsupport

--
Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski
OSM BY Team - http://openstreetmap.by/