Questions about support function and abbreviate

From: Han Wang <hanwgeek(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Questions about support function and abbreviate
Date: 2021-06-12 06:51:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I am trying to implement a sort support function for geometry data types in
PostGIS with the new feature `SortSupport`. However, I have a question
about this.

I think it is hardly to apply a sort support function to a complex data
type without the `abbrev_converter` to simply the data structure into a
single `Datum`. However, I do not know how the system determines when to
apply the converter.

I appreciate any answers or suggestions. I am looking forward to hearing
from you.

Best regards,
Han