Re: Postgres Windows build system doesn't work with python installed in Program Files

From: Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>, Victor Wagner <vitus(at)wagner(dot)pp(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres Windows build system doesn't work with python installed in Program Files
Date: 2020-05-05 22:17:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 4:06 PM Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:

> On Mon, May 04, 2020 at 03:42:20PM +0200, Juan José Santamaría Flecha
> wrote:
> > +1, seems like the way to go to me.
>
> Attached is a patch for that and I have gone with a simple solution,
> with some bonus comments about the way things happen.

This solves the issue.

Please forgive me if I am being too nitpicky, but I find the comments a
little too verbose, a usage format might be more visual and easier to
explain:

Usage: build [[CONFIGURATION] COMPONENT]

The options are case-insensitive.
CONFIGURATION sets the configuration to build, "debug" or "release" (by
default).
COMPONENT defines a component to build. An empty option means all
components.

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha