Update maintenance_work_mem/autovacuum_work_mem to reflect the 1GB limitation with VACUUM

From: Martín Marqués <martin(dot)marques(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Update maintenance_work_mem/autovacuum_work_mem to reflect the 1GB limitation with VACUUM
Date: 2021-05-03 16:48:21
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

Hi,

There's a well known limitation in the amount of memory that any
VACUUM process can use, capped at 1GB now. This is not reflected in
the documentation

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-resource.html

We should add a line that indicates that there is a limitation (that
should be IMO, backported to documentation of earlier versions as it
affects all supported versions), at least until such limitation is
lifted.

Kind regards, Martín

--
Martín Marqués