Re: Addition of extra commit fest entry to park future patches

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Addition of extra commit fest entry to park future patches
Date: 2016-03-01 13:18:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I guess that commit fest 2016-03 is going to begin soon, at which
> point nobody will be able to add new patches because
> 1) already closed CF don't accept them.
> 2) A CF currently running neither.
> I propose to create an extra CF, called "Future" or similar where
> people will be able to park the patches submitted for the 9.7 cycle.
> This will be renamed later on as the first CF of 9.7 once the
> development schedule for 9.7 is decided.
>
> Thoughts?

Yeah, we can do that. I'd suggest we either name it based on the current
tentative date for CF1 (september), or name it specificaly "9.7-first" or
something like that rather than just plain "future", to make it more clear.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/