Re: Commitfest Bug (was: Re: Reusing abbreviated keys during second pass of ordered [set] aggregates)

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Commitfest Bug (was: Re: Reusing abbreviated keys during second pass of ordered [set] aggregates)
Date: 2016-03-01 13:10:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 11:12 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

>> On 2/16/16 12:38 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>
>>> When a patch with status "Ready for committer" on CF N is moved to CF
>>> (N+1), its status is automatically changed to "Needs Review". That's
>>> something to be aware of when cleaning up the CF app entries.
>>>

>> I agree with Alvarro; this seems like a bug to me. If a patch is ready
>> for committer in CF N, why would it suddenly not be ready in N+1?
>>

> +1,
>
> This behave is pretty unpleasant and frustrating.

Well, it's in no way a bug, because it's the behavior we agreed upon at the
time :)

That said, we can certainly reconsider that. Would we always copy the value
over? Even if it was, say, rejected? (so it would be copied to the new CF
but still marked rejected) Or is there a subset of behaviors you're looking
for?

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/