Re: commit fest status and release timeline

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: commit fest status and release timeline
Date: 2014-03-03 16:28:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz> wrote:

> On 1.3.2014 18:01, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Status Summary. Needs Review: 36, Waiting on Author: 7, Ready for
> > Committer: 16, Committed: 43, Returned with Feedback: 8, Rejected:
> > 4. Total: 114.
> >
> > We're still on track to achieve about 50% committed patches, which
> > would be similar to the previous few commit fests. So decent job so
> > far.
>
> I'm wondering what is the best way to select a patch to review. I mean,
> there are many patches with "needs review" (and often no reviewer) just
> one or two comments, but when I checked the email archives there's often
> a lot people discussing it.
>
> Do we have a list of patches that didn't get a proper review yet / badly
> need another one?
>
> What about improving the commitfest page by displaying a number of
> related e-mail messages / number of people involved? Shouldn't be
> difficult to get this from the mail archives ...

I have some code for that part, that needs a coupe of rounds of final
hacking and polish. I've had many targets for it, but right now the target
is to be done before pgcon, so we can put it in play for the next set of
commitfests. It's not going to happen for *this* one, and we don't want to
distrupt the flow even more by making big changes to the tooling in the
middle of it.

That said, there is definitely a need :)

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/