Re: Changeset Extraction v7.9

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Changeset Extraction v7.9
Date: 2014-03-03 16:26:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2014-02-27 17:56:08 +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
> * do we modify struct SnapshotData to be polymorphic based on some tag
> or move comments there?

I tried that, and it got far to invasive. So I've updated the relevant
comment in snapshot.h, inl

> * How/whether to change the exclusive lock on the ProcArrayLock in
> CreateInitDecodingContext()

I looked at this, and I believe the current code is the best
solution. It's pretty far away from any hot codepath and it's a short
operation. I liked the idea about using snapmgr.c for this in principle,
but it doesn't have enough smarts by far...

So, attached is the newest version:
* Management of historic/timetravel snapshot is now done by snapmgr.c,
not tqual.c anymore. No ->satisfies pointers are redirected anymore
* removal of the "suspend" logic for historic snapshot, instead the one
place that needed it, now explicitly uses a snapshot
* removal of some pointless CREATE EXTENSIONs from the regression tests
* splitoff of the slot tests that aren't committable into a separate
commit.
* minor doc adjustments

I am not aware of any further things that need to be fixed now (in
contrast to features for later releases of which there are aplenty).

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-wal_decoding-Introduce-logical-changeset-extraction.patch.gz application/x-patch-gzip 125.1 KB
0002-wal_decoding-logical-changeset-extraction-walsender-.patch.gz application/x-patch-gzip 12.8 KB
0003-wal_decoding-pg_recvlogical-Introduce-pg_receivexlog.patch.gz application/x-patch-gzip 11.4 KB
0004-wal_decoding-Documentation-for-replication-slots-and.patch.gz application/x-patch-gzip 10.8 KB
0005-wal_decoding-Temporarily-add-some-uncommittable-slot.patch.gz application/x-patch-gzip 2.4 KB
0006-wal_decoding-Temporarily-add-logical-decoding-regres.patch.gz application/x-patch-gzip 1.4 KB