Re: commit fest status and release timeline

From: Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: commit fest status and release timeline
Date: 2014-03-03 15:34:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 1.3.2014 18:01, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Status Summary. Needs Review: 36, Waiting on Author: 7, Ready for
> Committer: 16, Committed: 43, Returned with Feedback: 8, Rejected:
> 4. Total: 114.
>
> We're still on track to achieve about 50% committed patches, which
> would be similar to the previous few commit fests. So decent job so
> far.

I'm wondering what is the best way to select a patch to review. I mean,
there are many patches with "needs review" (and often no reviewer) just
one or two comments, but when I checked the email archives there's often
a lot people discussing it.

Do we have a list of patches that didn't get a proper review yet / badly
need another one?

What about improving the commitfest page by displaying a number of
related e-mail messages / number of people involved? Shouldn't be
difficult to get this from the mail archives ...

regards
Tomas