Re: deb repo doesn't have latest. or possible to update web page?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Roger Pack <rogerdpack2(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: deb repo doesn't have latest. or possible to update web page?
Date: 2020-08-19 17:23:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 7:04 PM Roger Pack <rogerdpack2(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> As a note I tried to use the deb repo today:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/debian/
>
> with an old box on Wheezy.
> It only seems to have binaries up to postgres 10.
>
> Might be nice to make a note on the web page so people realize some
> distro's aren't supported fully instead of (if they're like me)
> wondering "why don't these instructions work? It says to run apt-get
> install postgresql-12" ...

The page lists which distros *are* supported. You can assume that anything
*not* listed is unsupported.

In the case of wheezy, whatever was the latest when it stopped being
supported, is still there. Which I guess can cause some confusing if you
just run the script without reading the note that's there. I'm unsure how
to fix that though.

--
Magnus Hagander