Re: Regressions failures with libxml2 on ArchLinux

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: Regressions failures with libxml2 on ArchLinux
Date: 2017-08-14 10:36:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 6:46 PM, Aleksander Alekseev
<a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
>> It's been one month since I have done some serious development with
>> Archlinux (I was abroad and away from the laptop dedicated to that),
>> and surprise, I can see failures in the PG regression tests, like the
>> following short extract (result compared to expected/xml.out):
>
> I can confirm that I see the same errors on Arch Linux with latest
> updates when PostgreSQL is compiled with --with-libxml and/or
> --with-libxslt. I submitted a few details on bugs.archlinux.org [1]
> since probably not all Arch Linux maintainers know how to reproduce an
> issue.
>
> [1]: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/55134

Thanks for adding the details directly, downgrading the hard way is
what I am doing now using the past packages of libxml2 in Arch's
archives [1]. ArchLinux is a bit wrong in the fact of shipping a
package with a behavior change. Let's wait also for libxml2 folks to
see what they have to provide on the matter... The next release of
libxml2 would hurt Postgres if it were to be released today.

[1]: https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/l/libxml2/
--
Michael