Re: Regressions failures with libxml2 on ArchLinux

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: Regressions failures with libxml2 on ArchLinux
Date: 2017-08-21 12:30:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 7:36 PM, Michael Paquier
> Thanks for adding the details directly, downgrading the hard way is
> what I am doing now using the past packages of libxml2 in Arch's
> archives [1]. ArchLinux is a bit wrong in the fact of shipping a
> package with a behavior change. Let's wait also for libxml2 folks to
> see what they have to provide on the matter... The next release of
> libxml2 would hurt Postgres if it were to be released today.

This story has finished with a fix in libxml2 itself:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/libxml2/commit/?id=3aca7f31cb9901dc3af449e08dda647898bfc1fe
And Archlinux has released a new package of libxml2 with a fix two days back:
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/commit/trunk?h=packages/libxml2&id=06ece61e13f760ee5c4c1df19849807b887b744d
--
Michael