Re: Explicit relation name in VACUUM VERBOSE log

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Explicit relation name in VACUUM VERBOSE log
Date: 2017-08-15 02:19:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 11:14 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>> In vacuum_rel()@vacuum.c, there are a couple of logs that could be
>> improved as well with the schema name.
>
> I agree that there's a lot of room for improvement there. If I'm
> allowed some scope creep, I'd say that gathering detailed vacuum info
> from both autovacuum and user-invoked vacuum in a central place would be
> very welcome.

Hm. I am not sure what you have in mind here. The existing logs are
spread all other the place, and it is useful to VERBOSE information
when things are being run, bot just once a run has been done (if what
you mean here is to store vacuum verbose-related stats for each
relation in memory and then spawn it all at once, or we could log this
info and also store them).
--
Michael