Re: Autonomous Transaction (WIP)

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rajeev rastogi <rajeev(dot)rastogi(at)huawei(dot)com>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Autonomous Transaction (WIP)
Date: 2014-07-01 06:29:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Rajeev rastogi <rajeev(dot)rastogi(at)huawei(dot)com>
wrote:
> On 30 June 2014 22:50, Pavel Stehule Wrote:
>
> >I didn't find a related message.
> >?
>
> I think there have been some confusion, the design idea were never
rejected but yes there were few feedback/ concern, which I had clarified.
Also some of the other concerns are already fixed in latest patch.

Simon has mentioned that exactly this idea has been rejected at
PGCon 2 years back. Please refer that in below mail:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/BF2827DCCE55594C8D7A8F7FFD3AB7713DDE136A@SZXEML508-MBX.china.huawei.com

As far as I can see, you never came back with the different solution.

Have you checked the discussion in Developer meeting notes. Please
check the same at below link:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgCon_2012_Developer_Meeting#Autonomous_Transactions

> So I wanted to have this patch in commitfest application, so that we can
have a healthy discussion and rectify all the issues.
> But now I see that this patch has already been moved to rejected
category, which will put break on further review.

I believe ideally this patch should have been marked as
"Returned with feedback" as you already got a feedback long
back and never come up with solution for same.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.